April 14, 2011

Being a Kid

Found some funnies my mama had written down when I was 4 years old:

One day after pre-school Elizabeth commented, "Mommy, Jill says we have different tongues and some tongues like some food and some don't. So we buy different things for our tongues. But I still love you."

Our neighbor died on January 9, 1997.  Elizabeth said, "Mommy when I grow up and get older and have white hair and die I want to be with 'Choosey' [my baby doll] and all my teddies."

"We have our own stuff and own own things so we don't go in there and that's a deal. Matty's not allowed in mine and that's a deal. If Hannah wants to go in mine, she gotts to ask."


"Mommie how I know what day is it?"
(How do I know what day it is?)

"What the time it is? Why?"

"What you say next?"

"Her said that her want to go night night"

"How your day was?"


I really don't know what was going on with my grammar. Especially those last few. 

Some of my brother's words and their translations (1997):

"No me how"- I don't know
"Me how"- I know
"Syrup"- Ketchup
"Me find book read green ham"- Read me Green Eggs n' Ham


and a picture from my brother to me:


For more kid quotes look at this post you might have missed.

2 comments: